A good start is half the battle! Start the day with processed meats on your bread. Delicious and full of proteins. That boosts your energy levels.
Or take time for an extensive brunch and consider a croque-monsieur, a super deluxe sandwich or an omelette with ham in cubes or strips.
Croque-monsieur (toasted cheese sandwich)
- 2 slices of bread
- Slices of cheese, for example cheddar or comté
- 2 slices of ham
- Butter the bread.
- Place a slice of bread with the buttered side down on the board.
- Lay the cheese and ham on the bread.
- Place the second slice of bread with the buttered side up to form a sandwich.
- Cook the croque-monsieur in a hot pan, a preheated oven or toastie maker.
- Serve with a little salad. Add slices of apple and white wine vinegar for an extra fresh touch.